Saturday, February 12, 2011

Faux silver necklace

Here is a fun and cute project I saw over at Smile Monsters.  You should definitly check out that awesome blog! 
Its a faux metal heart necklace.  The recipe she used to make her necklace was:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
Yep, that was it!  However when I went to whip it together I realized I was out of salt, but being a crafter I did have some old clay laying around in my closet!  So I rolled out a small piece of clay and shaped it into a heart.  Baked it and here's how to get the look of metal:

Rust-oleum Metallic finish!  Pretty cool huh? (=


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooooo cool!! I need to check that out! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

farmhouse-story said...

such a cute project--now you've got to try the roses:)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute! It looks so real!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable!